Windle Valley Day Centre
Client: Surrey Heath Borough Council
Commenced: August 2014
Duration: 6 Weeks
Market Sector: Commercial
Location of works: Camberley, Surrey
The main project involved the demolition of three garages and extension of the Day Centre with internal refurbishment works. Prior to successful demolition works, the garages were previously attached to the Day Centre. On behalf of Surrey Heath Borough Council, Powerbrite were commissioned to carry out Electrical installation works as part of the wider extension project. In summary, our responsibilities included the following:
- Production of electrical drawings at design stage
- Small power distribution, including Dado Trunking
- Installation of fire proof general lighting systems and emergency lighting
- Installation and consultation with Thorlux Smart Lighting
- Installation of a modern LD2 fire alarm / security system
- Production of electrical testing and installation certificates.
A key challenge on the project was working adjacent a fully operational day centre throughout the works period. This challenge was mitigated, through opening the lines of day-to-day communications between the site manager for the project, the head of the doctor’s surgery and our electricians.
Surrey Heath Borough Council was very pleased with the result of the electrical installations. Keith Rann (Client contact) commented, “The lighting gives a professional touch, to a wonderful project. We couldn’t be happier with the end result”.